Over the years I've picked up a few little tricks that really help the cooking process flow well. I'm no magician in the kitchen, so sometimes I need all the help I can get!
Tips in the kitchen:
- If possible, start with a clean kitchen. It makes the clean up way less stressful when you're completely done with everything!
- Read the recipe completely through. Twice. (You have no idea how many times I've messed something up because I failed to actually READ the recipe.)
- Prep all your ingredients–even the salt and pepper. Chop, dice, measure, rinse, etc.
- Read the recipe again! Make sure you didn't forget any ingredients.
- Get out any pots or pans you might need.
- Don't forget to actually set your timer. (Another learned from experience tip.)
- Rinsed used measuring things as you go, so nothing dries to them.
- Invest in some quality tools. Some of my favorites are my garlic press, santoku knife, wood cutting board, measuring cups, and citrus press.
- Have fun and try new things!
- Don't be afraid to experiment. My favorite dish to experiment with is pasta sauce. There are so many variations to be discovered.
I was prepping asparagus to make this dish. I used two cloves of garlic though. Because I can.
What are some of your best tips?